Okay, you’ve all come very far in the space of four lessons now we are going to take another leap forward. Next you will all learn how to make a basic web page and edit it using Adobe Dreamweaver, but first you will read Chapter 12, because I want you to understand some concepts in this chapter on editing graphics for the web as well as Chapter 15, Chapter 16 through Chapter 17 as there will be a quiz.
- According to our authors what is the difference between a .gif file and a .jpeg
- Be able to define the following terms:
- an optimized file format
- root folder
- domain name
- hosting plan
- What does WYSIWYG stand for? What is one advantage of using a WYSIWYG program like Dreamweaver to create webpages?
- How could you construct a web page if you didn’t have Dreamweaver?
- What does “split view” show you in Dreamweaver?
- Identify two or more ways you can use hyperlinks when building a website. (What can you link from? What can you link to?)
- Identify two or more ways you can incorporate an image when building a webpage.
- When constructing a web page, how can you separate the page’s style from its content? Why would you want to?
- What is CSS? Identify two ways in which it can be utilized.
- What code or language is this? What are the the words inside the <> brackets called?